NEW WEBINAR COMING IN APRIL!
- Stay tuned for topic and date
Sign up in advance webinar by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org to receive log-in information.
“The Adviser’s Role: Tackling the Needs and Challenges of High School Journalism Today.”
- Thursday, Sept 26, 4:15 p.m.
- Intended for publication advisers.
- A veteran high school publications adviser and journalism teacher, David Lopilato, of Bethesda-Chevy Chase HS, will raise questions and engage fellow advisers in a solutions-oriented discussion. Why continue producing student publications given all the ways students can express themselves today? How you might want to think about students’ publication rights, balanced coverage of hard issues and the financial realities of producing a print publication? David will leave plenty of time for Q&A and discussion about the practical realities of the adviser’s role.
“Thinking Differently About Your Audience: Engagement Practices for Your Publication.”
- Tuesday, Oct 29, 3:00 p.m.
- Alexander Pyles, a faculty member at the University of Maryland’s Merrill College of Journalism and a former content editor at the Baltimore Sun, will discuss how audience engagement goes beyond traditional journalism. It means student publications must create an environment for listening to their community, sharing meaningful stories and responding to people’s questions, wants and needs. Alex will leave time for Q&A.